Friday, January 25, 2008

GROSS..........LOOK AWAY FAST!!! (not for the weak of tummys!!)

I was over at my Aunts house last night when I got a call from Kris. He said that Ty had had an accident and that I probably needed to come home and access the damage. I immediately left and called to get the details. It was around eight thirty at night and they were goofing around with Kris. He was chasing them in his crazy voice like he is the boogie man comin' to get ya. The kids run every time and about piddle in their pannies. Ty came around the corner and slipped on the wood floors and hit his chin right on the corner of the island. Our counters are corian so they are as rock hard. Needless to say, his teeth went into the top of his lower lip and came out the bottom of it. ABSOLUTLEY GROSS!!! I am not one who can handle things like that very well. It makes my tummy turn circles! I got home, assessed the damage (with deep breaths on my part) and decided to take him to urgent care to see if he needed stitches. I got to urgent care 5 minutes before it closed at ten. The doctor could not tell if it went into the inside of his mouth, and so called another doctor in to get his opinion. It was sooo swollen, and from what they could see, it didn't go through the inside of his mouth, so they determined no stitches. I guess if it goes to the inside of the mouth they have to do double layered stitches at the HOSPITAL! Ty was allready having such a hard time because he gets himself all worked up over "thinking" about what is going to happen to him. I have to say that he was sooo good though. He didn't even flinch when both the doctors were opening and prodding the cuts trying to see what had happened and checking the flaps of skin. He is such a trooper! The final verdict was that he did not have to have any stitches, just to keep the area moist with vasoline till it healed. He got to stay home from school today, just because his lip was still so swollen, and I didn't want some kid accidentally bumping it and it opening up again. Moral of the story........SPANK THE DADDY FOR CHASING THE KIDS AROUND THE HOUSE WHEN MOMMY IS NOT HOME!!!!! I am showing the pics that were taken when we got home from urgent care at around midnight. His poor bottom lip was the size of Texas!!


GROSS!

GROSS AGAIN!!

EVEN GROSSER!!!!

4 comments:

Kim Skinner said...

I'm sure he is going to love you for posting these! :) Gross!

Nanci said...

Nasty. I glad that you did not make him open the wound for the blog.

Unknown said...

Seriously Ty, that is disturbing! You really need to consider covering that nasty thing up. Two words...soul patch!!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! It's good that you document stuff like this in case CPS gets called. (hehe!) Plus now, he can brag about his war wound even after it's healed. But spanking Kris should be a reward not a punishment!! You go girl!