Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Men are soooo competative!!

I will give you ONE guess at what you think Kris and Grant are doing......YEP you are right! Kris sat outside every few evenings with Grant working on "Grants Pinewood Derby" car!! Who's car? Oh yeah, Grants! I almost forgot already. It was funny because Kris was the first one of the neighbors who started on the car (that I noticed). Then after a few days, I noticed the next door neighbor doing the same thing sitting outside working on "his sons" car. And a few days later, two houses down, they were outside in the garage working on "their sons" car. Dad's take it so personally when it comes to the Pinewood Derby and having "thier son" win! Kris only has this last one to do, and then, no more Pinewood Derby cars to make....ever. I keep telling him to tell the Elders Quarem President that they need to do an "adult" race to get the competitiveness going between the men, and not the boys. It is neat to see them work so hard and be sooo meticulous about a piece of balsa wood. Kris gets really into the design and shape and aerodynamics of it all.......FUNNY to me! I am proud that he at least takes the time to care about it and to spend the time working with our boys on projects together. I love that about him.

Hey Grant, hand me that tool

Every little detail has to be "perfect"

Lolly was caught "red handed" eating MY toast while I was taking pictures of the boys. DEAD MEAT!! I absolutely LOVE toast, but I only eat it with homemade bread. Weird I know, but I could survive on the stuff......oh, and with homemade peach, plum, cherry or raspberry jam!! YUMMY for my tummy! I am hungry just thinkin' about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's halarious. I was a bit over protective of Hunter's car too, but it didn't do Hunter any good now, did it. I hope Kris, oops I mean Grant wins a few races! :)