I was in at the computer tonight editing some pictures.......Cara is USUALLY in here with me, not allowing me to "quickly" edit, but prolonging the process with her "three year old" distractions. I got caught up in editing, probably becuase I was getting SO MUCH done, that I didn't even notice that my little "shadow" had disappeared......NOT GOOD! She was found coming to tell me that "someone" had gotten into the blue craft water paint and got it ALL OVER her!! How mysterious huh? I didn't think so either! Before I got all into upset mode, I seized the opportunity to capture this one as a memory. She posed willingly (which she NEVER does) and then proceeded to tell me all about "someone" getting paint on her. I attentively listened, and then was directed to the playroom where the empty bottle was. She THANKFULLY didn't get it anywhere or on anything except her hands and a little on her face. She definately keeps me hoppin'! You cannot let that girl out of your site for even a minute, or you are wondering what she is into next. Her latest has been my lipstick and chapstick! My favorite Clinique color (which was a brand new tube) was so creatively colored all over in my bathroom sink just the other day. Then, my other favorite was used in painting on some paper......what do you do? I have hidden everything I own from the stinker, and she still ends up finding things to "create" with. She always shows me her work though, which I so firmly talk to her about crayons and "mommys things" and the difference between the two. I have a feeling she is just exploring her artistic side,(at my sanities expense) and could grow up to be a world renowned artist. Gotta love her though......and I definately do!! TONS!
I don't see anything wrong with my hands.....so they are blue!

If I can't see you, you can't see me. She thinks that one is gonna work on me

Do you think she tried to taste the paint? Good thing it is "non-toxic" and Crayola brand huh? Come to think of it, nothin' she has ever put in her mouth that she wasn't suppose to has ever done anything......well, not that we were aware of!

she KNOWS she is so stinkin' naughty....and she makes me sooo happy!

I have two little hands folded snuggly and tight......not this time!

peek-a-boo.......my hands are blue!

STICK EM' UP!!
6 comments:
I think that's the exact reason why I'm afraid to buy any paint that is to "play" with. I'm nervous Gage would turn into an artist in all the wrong ways. You have to admit it's pretty cute that "someone else did it". I can't believe she already says stuff like that. Miss you guys
I have that problem in my house too....I have these two problem people called "I don't know" & "wasn't me" I wonder if they truly know how smart us mommies are??? So cute though!
Cathy,
That was so funny. I am always amazed by the ability of kids to "make-up" a story. I remember doing the same thing. Ha ha ha. What self confidence we used to have. Where did it go? Thanks for the comments. Along with my hiatus from writing, there was a hiatus from reading. I had fun catching up. I agree it is a shame we don't live closer. I'll give Calvin a spanking for not letting me grow up down there.
Cali
LOL, better you than me that's all I'm saying. Not that I haven't had my fair share of paint projects gone array. What would you do if you didn't have this sweet girl to keep you on your toes? I'm just trying to keep Carsten from climbing up everything we own, ugh! At least the blue highlights her pretty eyes.
It appears that the paint "tasted good" as well.
Hey there, Cathy! Good to read about you guys. We have lived through something similar to this but with markers. Who knew those things held so much ink???
You can check out my blog at www.theanticsofus.blogspot.com
See ya! Sally
Post a Comment