Monday, August 4, 2008

Just the 2 of us......

After the door shut at 7:45, the house was so quiet. Cara was still snoozing and I was really sad for the quietness, but happy that it was another school year for the kids. They were also so excited for this day, and getting to see their "school friends" again. I went in and got the lazy bones up and going so she could get on the same schedule as the rest of us and not be up till her mother is every night. (if you can believe it, I am TRYING to get to bed before midnight every night......SHOCKING, I know!) Cara went looking for the kids, and then asked where they were. I told her that they started school today. She disappeared for a minute and then came out of her room and told me that she was "ready to go to school" with the other kids. I laughed and laughed! She is such a smart little cookie and has such a strong personality that if I could make a fake birth certificate, she could totally pass for kindergarten, and do better that most the other kids there. I just had to get her to let me take her picture because this will be a funny one in years to come when she rereads this story. She is getting pretty good at matching her clothes, and wearing HER cloths instead of Lollys. The boots came out of hiding again, and she wears them all the time, including jaunts to Target and Fry's. Gotta love this little spunky girl of mine! I cherish these last few years I have with her till I have to send her off to school. I love you Carebear!

She is such a happy girl, I would LOVE to know what she is thinking all the time and what goes on behind those big baby blues of hers. Don't you love the "morning bedhead" look?
Photobucket

Her pick of a "first day of school" outfit
Photobucket

Nice choice of shoes.......definately a necessity in Arizona huh? But they do match whatever she decides she is going to wear each day, or so she says.
Photobucket

I know she is just looking at the school from our doorstep and wanting to just head that way, thinking she is ready to conquer kindergarten.
Photobucket

No comments: