Thursday, February 28, 2008

Right before our eyes, she did it!

I came over to my Mom's house to help out Aunt Jane put together the AMAZING memory books about Grandpa that her and Calvin were giving to the six siblings. We were having a grand ol' time (me, Mom, Jane and Cali) just chattin' away, eatin' Cadbury eggs (thanks Jane, I absolutely LOVE those!) and crankin' out the books. We were sort of in a rush to get them all put together because the viewing was in a couple of hours. Cara was in and out of the room just finding stuff to do. She is totally into the whole "scissor stage" and since we were all using scissors, she wanted to join in on the fun. Jane had her sitting right next to her cutting the scraps into little microscopia pieces. Cara then took a big pile of scraps and headed outside the door into the hallway to do her thing. We were all squished tight into the shoebox size guest room. Next thing you know, someone other than me noticed that Cara was holding clumps of hair in one hand and scissors in the other. I had temporary heart failure (the kid has NO HAIR ALLREADY!) and then we all laughed and laughed as I kept finding more and more clumps in the pile of scraps she was cutting. What do you do but laugh? Aunt Jane helped ease my crying and told me that I had better take lots of pictures and scrap about this incident. That always heals my heart knowing I have memories to laugh about down the road. I KNOW Grandpa was chuckling from above about this one.......he LOVED Cara and her spunky personality. She definately gave him lots to laugh about all the time.

She cut two big clumps on her right side and some random parts towards the bottom of her hair
Photobucket

She is telling me all about how SHE cut her hair, but that Aunt Jessica is the only one that is REALLY supposed to cut her hair.....smart girl!
Photobucket

Little bit of hair on her left........NO HAIR on her right!
Photobucket

Me squaw "scalp my head"
Photobucket

I know she was looking at me saying "what are you going to do about it?" or "hey, maybe the 80's bangs and mullet hair is coming back in style?"
Photobucket

"the mugshot"
Photobucket

"holding the evidence"
Photobucket

the bow your head look of total guilt
Photobucket

If she wasn't so stinkin' cute, and her facial expressions justifying her actions weren't so dang hillarious, she would always be in BIG TROUBLE!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh gee, this still makes me laugh! I love the picture of her holding the evidence. Good thinking, Cathy.

Thanks so much for helping us with the books. I'm so glad we did them.